Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What the?!

Today, I have been given access to the online interactive study website for AIAS.

I've spent quite a few hours figuring out how to navigate my way through the site, but I think it will take quite a while to familiarise myself with everything.

It's rather daunting to say the least!

I was very excited to receive my first text book in the mail today ...


I believe that my 15 years with the CES and Centrelink, gave me plenty of time to hone my interviewing and counselling techniques.

One thing that I have discovered today, much to my horror, is that this semester, I have to make a video for one of the assignments, in which I create a mock interview between myself and a client.

What the?!!

If I'd been given this information, prior to signing up, it would have been enough to send me elsewhere for my education!  However, I am here now, so I have no choice but to make the best of a bad situation.  Ugh!

I must keep a positive frame of mind and move forward through every challenge with enthusiasm and fervour!

Onward and upward!!

We had a lovely evening down by the river for our barbecue yesterday.

The weather was glorious, the company was perfect and we all shared delicious GF food ... thank you to the wonderful friends who are able to eat gluten, but who always make an effort to provide GF food, when we are all together.

You really are appreciated more than you know.

My carrot cake was well received.

Adoring Husband had TWO slices!  I found it a bit heavy or rich for my liking and could only eat half of my slice.  I think everyone else enjoyed theirs .. although the rubbish bins were behind me, so some of the group could easily have snuck some cake into the trash!

AH has plenty of dessert for the next couple of days anyway!

Meanwhile, I have a roast chicken dinner to attend to.

Nite all.

No comments: