Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Week End

Happy Friday!

It's been an interesting day.

I cleaned off my desk .. which is a mighty task in itself. It has not been tidied properly since my studies began, so it's been six months since my desk was cleared and cleaned properly.

It's amazing how cleansing it is for your body and soul when you clean something that you use often, so thoroughly.

My desk is now shiny and sparkly and ready for a new term of heavy duty study.

I distributed our excess pantry items among the boys at the Seat of Knowledge this morning. Everybody took something, so I didn't have to throw anything in the garbage.

I had coffee with The Bird Woman this morning too. She chose a couple of things from my grocery items and was hesitant to walk home carrying them because they were heavy, so I offered to drop them off later in the morning.

I got my take away coffee and then triked to her house, where I spent an hour chatting about stuff like grandchildren and dogs and mothers-in-law.

I didn't even get a chance to order my text books today!

I'm going to make some munchies for Adoring Husband tomorrow, like zucchini chocolate cupcakes, banana and pecan muffins, chocolate mousse and chocolate bark.

I'm watching some recorded episodes of Big Brother and I will be in bed early tonight. Ten o'clock will be my limit.

No photos.

Facebook shares ..




Oh my, I am so tired!

Nite all.

No comments: