Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hearty Eating

Sausages, eggs, mushrooms, tomato and toast for breakfast.

Freshly juiced orange/apple/coconut water.

Chocolate zucchini muffins with leftover juice for lunch.

Leftover sausages with potato/sweet potato bake and roasted cauliflower for dinner.

Chocolate muffins for dessert.

Tomorrow will be a green day. Lots of green leafy vegetables in smoothies and as part of our meals and maybe some turkey mince. I also have quite a few berries to use up. My mouth is watering just thinking about tomorrow's meals!

Aside from baking chocolate zucchini muffins today, I have also cleaned my work area, so I have a fresh clean start to my studies on Monday. Let me tell you THAT was a job and a half!!

This afternoon I caught a juvenile koel steeling cherry tomatoes from my garden! Unfortunately, by the time I got my camera, she had flown into my mulberry tree, so it was difficult to get a clear shot. It took her a while to figure out how to swallow the very large cherry tomato, but after squashing it slighty, she swallowed it whole!


Big NRL football Grand Final on tomorrow night. South Sydney Rabbitohs v Canterbury Bulldogs. I'm barracking for South Sydney, who haven't made it to a Grand Final in over 40 years. Fingers crossed.

Adoring Husband and I are watching 'Moonraker', a crappy James Bond movie, but it seems that Saturday nights mustn't generate much of an audience, because every channel has a pretty unfortunate line up of crappy shows and movies.

Perhaps an early night is in order.

Nite all.

No comments: