Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Overwhelmed .. again.

Yes.

I know.

The usual lead up to exam time.

Stressing to the max.

Wondering how I'm going to remember everything.

Feeling like I'm not prepared.

It only takes one wrong answer in a practise test, for me to believe that I'm going to fail.

My heart skips a beat every time I think about sitting these exams on Friday.

The problem with that is .. anything that I try to recap on now, gets lost in the splodgy (yes I made up that word) part of my brain.

It's possible that, at crisis point, some of that information will find itself where it should be .. on my answer sheet, in the correct position.

It's also possible, that it is lost forever, never to be found, never to see the light of day again, to spend eternity in the darkest annals of my grey matter.

Freaking me out!


I also want to share this exerpt from an online health and fitness magazine. Click on the links to read more information about the books mentioned.

********

Eating Fat Doesn't Make You Fat

Neurologist Dr. David Perlmutter, author of Grain Brain, told me the low-carb ketogenic diet prevents — and in some instances reverses — Alzheimer's disease and ADHD. "Carbs are devastating for the brain," said Dr. Perlmutter. "Even slight elevations in blood sugar have been shown to increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease."

Dr. Jeff Volek, author of The Art and Science of Low-Carbohydrate Living, told me the ketogenic diet reverses type 2 diabetes, prevents heart disease, and causes fast weight loss without hunger. "There are very few people that a ketogenic diet could not help," said Dr. Volek.

Dr. Westman, director of the Duke University Obesity Clinic, is pleased that mainstream media is finally debunking the myth that eating fat makes you fat and sick. To the contrary, he said: Eating fat makes you skinny and healthy.

"I tell my patients not to fear the fat," said Westman, author of Keto Clarity. "Eat lots of fat. Fat makes you feel full. There's no problem with fat. In fact, saturated fat, the fat that we've been taught not to eat, raises your good cholesterol best of all the foods you can eat."

********
It's after midnight. Must go to bed. 

Nite all.

No comments: