Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Fast Ride

The trip on the train this morning seemed to fly by!

I ordered lunch on the train. A gluten free roast chicken with veg and a creamy mushroom sauce.

I've had the roast chicken twice before and really enjoyed it, so much that I felt quite excited to be having it for a third time.

That was before I chose the Paleo lifestyle.

I'd only eaten half of it when I began to feel bloated and uncomfortable, so I checked the ingredients list.

Well, that was an eye opener! So many additives and the mashed potato (the last two times the potato was baked) was powdered potato. Preservatives, flavours, numbers, whey powder, protein powder, salt, sugar .. you name it.

I felt quite uncomfortable for about 3 hours. So disappointing and a hard lesson learned.

Once your body becomes accustomed to only, fresh real food, as soon as you put something into it that ISN'T fresh or real, it really lets you know about it!

The man sitting in front of me ordered the roast lamb with veg and gravy. He spent the next 30 minutes belching uncontrollably! I don't mean burping, I mean full force belching that echoed throughout the carriage! He must have been incredibly uncomfortable.

Anyway, I shared a taxi from the station with another lady, who was travelling to the next suburb. She was very nice and we chatted for the 20 minute ride, which made it go fast too.

I've spent the afternoon playing with my little Chicklet and every so often she stops and looks at me and says "I love you Bozzy Wozzy" or "I've missed you Bozzy Wozzy".

Makes my heart melt.

No photos taken today, but I will make a concerted effort tomorrow.

It's raining as I write this and I think we may be in for some more for the next couple of hours...

Good sleeping weather :)

Nite all.


No comments: