Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Friday

After tomorrow morning (Friday), when this exam hell is over, I am going to look forward to a wine or two tomorrow night .. not too many though, because I will have to pack my bags on Saturday morning and then travel on a train for over 2 hours.

Hangovers are not pleasant at the best of times, let alone on a train!

I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks study free, spending a few days with the Chicklet family, then a day with the girls going across the river for lunch at Woodgate and then the following day attending The Paleo Way cooking show in Bundaberg.

Such a lot to look forward to in the coming week!

In the midst of cramming today, I made Weiner Schnitzel for lunch, a double batch of Butter Chicken for dinner (leftovers in the freezer for AH while I'm away) and I currently have pork in the slow cooker to make Pulled Pork tomorrow, which will be for dinner tomorrow night and leftovers for AH's lunch the next day.

I hope to find time to make some energy balls, some of which I'll take with me down south.

So much to do, so little time!

Meanwhile, Cyclone Nathan is edging his way closer to my brother in Cooktown.


I worry about him, but I must say, I'd rather him be dealing with this weather event, in his laid back hippified kind of way, than me dealing with it in my stressed to the max, pathetic old lady kind of way!

Anyway, it's midnight. I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

 

No comments: