Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Vegan Chickie Birthday

It's been a good day, starting with breakfast at a lovely cafe, including a birthday lemon meringue pie (because you simply must have cake with every meal on your birthday).

Chicklet and I were then brought back home and Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef went to the movies. They dropped back home briefly, at Chicklet's request, to appease the worried child.

We watched Shrek One and Shrek Two, for the fourth time this visit. I pushed her on the swing for 45 minutes. We played crocodiles and friendly dragons. We had two special treats and dinner. We read 5 books.

Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef went out for dinner and are now at their motel, waiting, I'm sure, for the almost inevitable phone call requesting their return home.

This is the first night that they have ever spent away from Chicklet.

In four years, they've never been away from her overnight.

Chicklet's last words before she fell asleep were "I miss Mama" and she was instantly out to it.

I can tell that she has had quite a few struggles today. Her Asperger's has been very apparent and she has fought to hold it together, but somehow we have managed to make it through the day. Let's see how far through the night we get!

Anyway, this was bath time today ...


I have taken some photos today, but I'll wait until I get home, to edit and share them.

I should get some sleep, just in case the night is cut short.

Happy birthday Vegan Chickie xxx

Nite all.

No comments: