Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Brothy Goodness

I have two batches of chicken bone broth gently simmering away at the moment. One in the slow cooker and one in a big pot on the stove. I've tasted both and they are delicious! They've been brewing since 10.30 this morning and I'll leave them going until tomorrow morning at about the same time.

Adoring Husband and I have been having a cup of bone broth every morning since Tuesday. We love it.

I opened a jar of bought kimchi tonight and we had some with our dinner. I was going to start our own batch today, but put it off until tomorrow. I think it takes about 5 days to brew and by then, the jar we currently have will be finished. To learn more about kimchi, go here.

We have about a tablespoon on our plate as a side to a meal.

Here is an interesting story about Coca-Cola.

I made a paleo version of hamburgers tonight. The base is a large portabello or flat mushroom, topped with a chicken and veg meat pattie, topped with bacon, then a fried egg, then some fried onion with a side of baby spinach, tomato, capsicum, avocado and my sriracha sauce.

It was surprisingly filling and quite delicious.

I often plan on doing a dessert, but I'm always so full and satisfied after dinner, dessert doesn't get a look in.

We had a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato, onion and avocado this morning and then some fruit for lunch.

I've realised tonight, that I still have quite a few photos to go through from my few days on the Sunny Coast, so I think I will work on them tomorrow and share them here tomorrow night.

It's only 9pm but I think I will climb into bed. I just had half a cup of warm chicken bone broth and I think I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy and ready for sleep!

Nite all.


No comments: