Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Damaging Weather

So it seems that last night's storm caused a bit of damage on the river ...


This particular boat broke from it's mooring and wiped out three other boats which also came away from their moorings. The other boats were retrieved and had varying degrees of damage, but this one came off the worst for wear.

When I left, there were three cars on the river bank, all with ropes attached to the boat and all attempting to get the boat upright. I doubt that they would have been successful.

We've had another storm tonight, so it will be interesting to see or hear the outcome of this little debacle.

The other interesting thing that happened by the river today, was seeing a family of galahs teaching their babies how to get seeds from pods in the trees.

This little one seemed very curious about me and wasn't at all afraid.


He didn't move until the rest of the family took flight very loudly and rapidly, so he followed close behind.

Adoring Husband bought me an early Christmas present yesterday .. a new Apple iPhone 6 Plus. I spent this morning trying to back up my old phone and restore it to the new phone, but I was only partially successful and I can't seem to get my contacts or my email restored.

That is frustrating!

I'm counting on Vegan Chickie to press a couple of buttons for instant success when I get there tomorrow.

Luckily, I had organised to spend some time with Woman of Many Talents today, so I was able to ease my frustrations with some wine and a good old girlie chat for a few hours.

It was quite late when I finally made my way home, so I cooked a quick dinner and then made up a batch of dog food.

I leave at lunch time tomorrow for the dreaded dental trip to the Sunny Coast. I'm looking forward to my appointment, but with some trepidation .. I doubt that my long time fear of dentists will ever disappear completely, no matter how good the dentist is, but I haven't felt comfortable smiling for a long time now and my crooked loose front tooth has limited my food choices, so I'm excited about getting it all fixed and my mouth being healthy again.

This appointment is going to be the longest two hours of my life!

It has just ticked past midnight, so I'd best get some sleep!

Nite all.

 

No comments: