Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Bit the Worse for Wear

Yes, after two hours in the dentist's chair and after the needles wore off, I'm feeling quite a bit the worse for wear tonight.

A complete clean and scrape, removal of some infected gum, two full teeth extractions and two surgically removed broken teeth roots and then a flushing cleanse of the gums. Five stitches and about fifteen needles later, I walked out feeling on top of the world!

I can't say that it was a pleasant experience, by any stretch of the imagination, but it was bearable and she was kind and patient and tolerant and understanding. She gave me a stress ball to play with at about the halfway mark after I held both of my hands up and they were trembling uncontrollably.

She was quick and efficient and kept me informed of everything that she was doing while letting me know as each tooth came out ... I couldn't feel a thing from the bottom of my eyelids to the bottom of my chin!

Just as I thought I was in the clear she asked "Will you still be here tomorrow?"

I told her that I was booked on the afternoon train to go home and she said "I've had a cancellation tomorrow afternoon, so I could fit you in for the next part of your plan."

I asked her if she thought my mouth and body would cope with so much work in such a short space of time and she told me that because I have removed gluten, dairy and sugar from my diet, my mouth and body will heal much faster AND because there is so much infection in my gums, getting rid of it as soon as possible will help my body to thrive.

That made sense to me, so I decided to change my travel arrangements and will return to the dentist's chair for a FOUR HOUR visit tomorrow (or today, as you are reading this).

I bought a bottle of very strong colloidal silver from her (because I left mine at home), and it was very reasonably priced at about half the price that the chemists charge for weaker strength. So I've been flushing my mouth with that and I've taken my Reserve which is full of antioxidants and my super strength vitamin C to promote healing.

Despite all of that, there is some swelling, tenderness and discomfort tonight. Vegan Chickie has given me a sheet of Nurofen Zavance, so if the pain gets worse during the night, I've got that to fall back on, but it will have to be pretty bad for me to resort to that.

I've already had a couple of naps that lasted about an hour each and hopefully by morning I'll be feeling ready to cope with the next leg!

I can't quite believe that I'm doing this!

I can only have cool fluids - nothing hot, and I have to stay out of the sun for a day because heat increases blood flow and can induce bleeding in the wounds. So I've had a fresh watermelon, pineapple and mint juice, courtesy of Vegan Chickie, some room temperature bone broth and lots of water. Surprisingly, I don't feel hungry.

My Chicklet family are taking very good care of me.

Now I need to sleep it off.

A big thank you to my friends and family for their messages of encouragement and support .. you know who you are. I truly appreciate you and you need to know that you helped keep my strength and determination on track.

Warm hugs to you all!

Nite all.

No comments: