Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 28, 2016

I Feel the Need to Heal

While I'm struggling to get this gum disease under control, I've been doing a bit of research into boosting my immune system to help me heal. I've always been a fast healer, but it seems that my body is struggling with this one.

It has been two weeks since my procedure and I'm still not completely healed. I feel like one specific part of my gum is really fighting off infection, so I need to help my body get stronger.

During the last couple of years I been following a woman called Dr Sarah Ballantyne (PhD) who strictly adheres to the paleo way of living but also needs to follow the Autoimmune Protocol due to a number of health issues.

*The Autoimmune Protocol is a diet that helps heal the immune system and gut mucosa. It is applicable to any inflammatory disease. AIP addresses inflammation in the gut that causes AutoimmuneDisease.*

Aside from those health issues, she was morbidly obese, and through a heavy fitness program and changing her eating habits, has lost a lot of weight.

She does her own scientific research, as well as reading and explaining to the common person, the results of other research and studies.  

I recently acquired a copy of her latest book 'The Healing Kitchen' which I need to find time to sit down and read properly - there is so much information to absorb, so I need to commit some time to focus on it.

I'd also like to get a copy of her original book, 'The Paleo Approach Cookbook'. It costs around $60, but I currently have the highest bid of $25 on ebay for a pre-owned copy, so fingers crossed on that one!

While we wait for the outcome of that bid, I thought you might get a good giggle out of this guy ...



Nite all.

No comments: