Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Cyber Space Gems

It's amazing what you can find when you look!

You know how I've been whinging about housework? About how much I detest it? About needing to do the job properly, or not at all? About my lack of motivation to do it? About wishing for an easy routine?

Well, I decided to do a search in youtube for some hints and tips on making housework easier, quicker and perhaps even more enjoyable (haha - as if!).

There are endless short and long videos with hints and tips on everything:

  • Folding and storing clothes.
  • De-cluttering closets, cupboards, drawers and rooms.
  • Faking a clean house when visitors are arriving unexpectedly.
  • Cleaning out your kitchen cupboards.
  • Organising your laundry.
  • 31 days to get organised.
  • Organising paperwork.
  • Tackling the bathroom vanity.
  • Taming the junk drawer.
  • Maintaining a clutter free home.
  • Cleaning hacks.
  • Spring cleaning. 



Or this one ... How To Clean Your Bedroom Closet

Or this one ... Cleaning Your Kitchen Cupboards and Drawers

Or my easy favourite ... 31 Days To Get Organised

For your amusement, I spent a good three hours sitting on the couch watching numerous videos on cleaning and de-cluttering and did not spend one single minute actually cleaning and de-cluttering!

Procrastinators unite!!

It's all fabulous and awesome in theory. Tomorrow, we'll find out if it's fabulous and awesome in practise!

Firstly, I need to squish the procrastination bug and then I need to find the motivation serum. Once I've got that all sorted, I should be able to begin the organisation/routine process.

Stay tuned for my report.

Nite all.

No comments: