Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 5, 2016

How to Train Me

Word of the day:

'Petrichor' (n) that pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a period of warm, dry weather.

There are some great storage ideas on this site that I found today ...

Simple Ways to Organise Your Wardrobe

I spent some time yesterday writing out 28 cards, each with a chore that needs to be done around the house.


Things like:

  • Clearing the junk drawer
  • Culling the filing cabinet 
  • Sorting through and donating clothes and shoes
  • Washing windows
  • Cleaning my desk drawers
  • Dusting the skirting boards and the paintings hanging on the walls
  • Clearing my unread emails (all 899 of them!)
  • Getting the ironing up-to-date
  • Donating recipe books and other old books in the bookcase
  • Tossing all the boxes that once housed our kitchen gadgets, electronic devices and other assorted electrical appliances. Adoring Husband likes to keep them for a while and I believe there may be approximately twenty boxes in various locations around the house.

Today, I pinned the cards on the cork board, and each day, Adoring Husband and I will take a card and do the job that's written on it. Between the two of us, we could have all of the chores completed inside two weeks, but there will be days when we've got other commitments, so I hope that a month will cover it.

I did one of the chores today, without taking the card down. All of my emails are now read and/or deleted/saved. That job took more than two hours. No wonder the list, on it's own, looks so overwhelming!

Here I am, with 24 hours every day to fill. No work commitments. No children. No responsibilities. Yet I can't create a routine or schedule to get my life organised. I wonder how the hell I worked full time, raised three kids, looked after a house as well as fulfilling sporting commitments and social activities!

Obviously, I work better under pressure!

I've got a batch of chicken bone broth in the slow cooker as we speak and I juiced some pineapple, watermelon, mint and coconut water this morning, to help AH recover from a morning of mowing in this horrible heat and humidity.

We've spent the afternoon watching Super Saturday football. So far, I've tipped two from four, but loving the new footy season!

Tomorrow, after I've completed one of my chores, I'm going to create my new vision board for 2016. That should be fun. I'll post a photo in tomorrow's blog.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

That's a LOT of jobs to do Roz! 😥😥