Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

First of the Year

"I plan on starting the new year on a high, with plenty of motivation to get things done."

That is what I declared on New Year's Eve. It's now New Year's Day. How motivated do you think I was?

For a start, I was in bed last night before 11.30pm and I lay in the dark, with my eyes closed, but feeling VERY awake, until 2.30am.

I tried all of my tricks for falling asleep and obviously, none of them were successful. I didn't even have any thoughts running through my head to keep me awake. I have no idea why sleep eluded me, but the longer it took, the more annoyed I became.

I knew that my New Year's Day motivation was draining away and my energy levels would be very low with so little sleep.

Some time after 2.30am, I finally fell asleep, but strangely, I was wide awake again at 7am!

Of course, it was not helpful that I made the decision yesterday to quit coffee again, so I didn't even have the support of a nice hit of caffeine.

So I climbed out of bed and decided that a refreshing shower might help. It did. Briefly.

Pacing myself over 90 minutes, I drank my warm lemon water, followed by my beetroot, radish, carrot, raw honey, black seed oil, powdered pawpaw seed, coconut water and ginger kombucha drink of which I'd made a big batch yesterday and still had a glass leftover for this morning, and finally a large glass of filtered water.

We had leftovers from last night for lunch.

When Adoring Husband drove off to get his afternoon coffee, I threw beetroot, radish, carrot, pawpaw, ground pawpaw seed, black seed oil, coconut water and kombucha in the blender and then  poured it into a tall glass with lots of ice.

Try as I might, there was nil motivation for website work today, so instead of feeling guilty and annoyed, I decided to just write the day off and pretend it was a recovery day.

I did liaise with my logo designer and tested the designs that she sent me for Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Flickr. I wrote in my journal. I filled out some of January and February on my wall planner. I answered some emails and deleted a lot. That's about all that I accomplished today, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

The other problem with today, was the oppressive heat. I'd just finished telling The Motivator yesterday morning, that the weather here had been bearable, and ever since I opened my mouth, the weather has been stifling!

I tried to nap on the couch this afternoon and I think I had about 30 minute dozing on and off, but it was hot and Adoring Husband had the TV on full volume. That half hour helped a little.

The good thing about today (and we can always find something good), is that I've had no coffee, and as of 8.30pm, there is no sign of a headache! I may be speaking too soon, but I've been keeping myself well hydrated and making sure to consume plenty of nutrients. Let's see what tomorrow brings!

In the meantime, I'd really like to fall asleep quickly tonight and catch up from last night.

So this is where I leave you.

Happy New Year!

Nite all.


No comments: