Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Surge to a Stop

Thank goodness for a solid night of sleep!

I visited the boys at the Seat of Knowledge this morning, which was fun. They were in fine form and we had some good giggles.

From there I shopped for some vegetables to have with dinner tonight and then returned home to get started on the website.

I had a fabulously productive morning, working solidly until noon, at which time I prepared our lunch and sat with Adoring Husband while we ate.

I returned to my desk and was feeling very pleased with myself until I had to update a plugin.

I clicked the update button and up popped a message.

Computer:  'Make sure to backup before upgrading. Files and settings may get lost or changed.'
My brain:  "What?"

So I google search "How do I backup my website before performing updates?"

Twenty minutes later I'm following the instructions and another question appears, which seems totally unrelated to my current workflow.

Computer:  'Would you like to point your Domain?'
My brain:  "What?"

So I google "What does 'point your domain' mean?"

After thirty minutes of reading, I decided that I did not need to point my domain - but I still don't understand what the heck it means!

I move on. But not for long. The next question appears.

Computer:  'Do you wish to configure the account to work with a mail client?'
My brain:  "What?"

I check on my host's site to figure out if I need to do this. Twenty minutes later, I decide that I don't need to configure my account and I'm not 100% sure what that means either!

Finally I backup my website and then go to update the plugin.

I click on the update button and it takes me to a sign in screen for the plugin. It asks me for a username and password.

I open my book of usernames and passwords and there is nothing there for this particular plugin.

My brain:  "What now?"

I look at the clock and it's 4.30pm. Nothing!  That's what!  I give up for the day!

I now have a 'to do' list for tomorrow that contains twelve items and not one of them is going to be easy. I certainly hope that my caffeine withdrawals don't peak tomorrow, or I'll be in big trouble.

There is one thing I can do tonight that I will appreciate tomorrow. Go to bed early.

It's almost 10pm, so this is where I will leave you.

Nite all.



No comments: