Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

What Have I Done?

I'm not sure that I've achieved much of anything today!

I visited The Motivator this morning and we got excited about some ideas that we had. I made some phone calls to follow up on those ideas, which took about 45 minutes of my time.

I mailed my FIRST SALE from the website!! Wahoo!! I gift wrapped it and added my personal sticker and business card and wrote on a gift card with a personalised message.

On Tuesday, I put in an order with a bakery in The Bay. They advertised on the local news that they baked Gluten Free products. I ordered over $50 worth of cakes, breads and pies to try and because they only bake the GF on Wednesdays, we had to pick up the order at 2pm today.

Adoring Husband made the trek into town to pick them up and then bought coffee so that we could savour some of our haul.

I ate this ...


It was sickly sweet and made me feel like I'd taken drugs! I'm sure that a sugar addict would absolutely love it, but I won't be buying another one and Adoring Husband agreed that he would pass on that one for next time.

We tried their meat pies for dinner, but they were very bland. The pastry had no seasoning and there was no flavour in the meat mixture. So they too are a pass. I only ate half of my pie, but I thoroughly enjoyed the salad that I prepared to have with it.

The Pear and Raspberry bread is just as delicious as it was last week and I would buy that again in a heartbeat! We bought three loaves, so that AH could take two loaves with him to his family's place. One for them and one for him to eat on the way down haha.

There are two mini apple pies left in the fridge to try tomorrow.

This evening, as the sun was setting, I took a peek outside and saw some colour filling the sky, so I grabbed my camera and took off, bare foot, across the road and across the empty block to the lagoon, where I found this!


It was stunning. It didn't last long and I only took two photos before the colours faded quickly to nothing.

* No damage was done to my feet in the making of this photo.

I thought that it was only 9pm as I was writing this, but it's almost 11pm!! How did that happen???

I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: