Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 1, 2017

A Bit of Everything

Ok, so I didn't get eight hours of work done today, but the three hours that I spent at my desk were very productive and I'm pretty happy with what I achieved.

My SSL certificate has been purchased, installed and tested, so my site is now safe to purchase from. I just need to learn how to install the little green lock which indicates to everyone that it is a safe site.

I watched a couple of tutorials and need to do some study and research on marketing via social media.

There are still lots more products to add to the site.

I need to promote the last week of the subscriber competition in Facebook!

I spent some time with The Motivator this morning and we have become GSD buddies.

GSD = Get Shit Done (excuse the language)

We will attempt to monitor each other's progress during the day and hopefully motivate each other to GSD!

Adoring Husband spent the day with the SES on a land search today, so he returned home feeling very sore and sorry for himself.

I ran an Epsom salts bath and added some extra magnesium oil for good measure and told him to 'STAY' for at least 20 minutes.

While he was in the bath, I cooked up the vegetables to go with the beef ribs that had been in the slow cooker for 6 hours. We had broccolini, bok choy, sweet potato, carrot, Brussels sprouts and last night's leftover mash.

That was our early dinner which we sat down to at 5pm.

I had also baked some apple and walnut muffins, so I served a couple of those up to AH with some fresh raspberries and chocolate cream.

It was just what the doctor ordered. It's been quite a while since I provided dessert and AH was pretty impressed, especially after his big day. He needed some extra sustenance!

Tomorrow is coffee morning with the girls and then our monthly 'friends' barbecue at the park in the evening.

I should be able to get some work done in between.

Off to bed now!

Nite all.

No comments: