Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Late

It's already well after 11pm and I need to get to bed.

My body is still adjusting to working life!

We had an amazing day in the shop today.

The Little Mermaid only visited once, and that was to get my postal address so that she can send me postcards from her travels in the boat.

I saw an old local sitting outside the post office this morning and I asked him to tell his wife about our shop and to tell her I'd love to see her. It was only about an hour later that she appeared at the shop and found lots of lovely items to purchase. She had a great time, as did I attempting to add everything up!

We had quite a few customers today and some lovely friends came to visit, as well as some local business owners and other sales people. Everybody commented on the great energy in the shop, which we worked hard to achieve so it's nice to hear those words from so many people.

Stephanie, the Le Reve essential oils lady came to the shop to show us her new products and I've booked a party to be held at the shop on 13th September at 2pm. There is a beautiful new collection of 'Shakra Energy Oils' in a beautiful silver zip up pouch. New candles, perfume and a new scented reed diffuser too.

Early next year, Le Reve are releasing a new range of skincare products which sound fabulous, so we will be keeping in regular contact with Stephanie and one of us may even become a consultant!

I created and ordered a photo book with 40 of my photos to display on the main table in the shop. I'll also have a few of the photos enlarged and printed with matt board frames to hang on the walls.

We hope to finalise the insurance stuff tomorrow too.

Now I'm off to bed!

Nite all.




No comments: