Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Busy and Important

Today was much busier in the shop.

There was a constant flow of customers through the door while we had to unpack, check off, price and display the new stock that arrived yesterday.

We had a visitor in the from of an elderly lady who I'll call Pocket Rocket. She isn't well and where she lives is a little isolated so she is quite lonely. This is her third visit to the shop and we hope that she feels comfortable enough to come back as often as she wants.

Adoring Husband picked up the new car today and stopped at the shop to show me. It's the latest edition of the car that we had (Outlander) and it has lots of new features that the old car didn't have, so AH is having fun reading the manual and checking out each feature as he finds it.

After he and Pocket Rocket left the shop, we cleaned up the mess from unpacking the stock and vacuumed the floors. The Motivator watered our garden and then we closed for the day.

It was busy enough that the day flew by and I left the shop not long after 3pm.

The group at the club tonight was a bit light on with a couple of people away and Lady Lynn at home sick. Get well soon lovely lady and if you need anything, let me know xo

I was a winner tonight, winning a leg of lamb in the raffle.

Now it's almost 11.30pm and having watched Nick Kyrgios win his tennis match against Tsonga, I can go to bed feeling pleased with the day.

Nite all.


No comments: