Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Up and Down

A very quiet day in the shop.

It was a blessing in disguise because we both had so much to do behind the scenes, and we were able to do it uninterrupted and without pressure.

I left work at 1pm so that Adoring Husband and I could drive into The Bay and run some errands.

Just before I left, three boxes of stock were delivered to the shop (there should have been four, so we hope that it will arrive tomorrow), and I was disappointed not to get a chance to open the boxes to remind myself of what we'd purchased, but I couldn't ruin the plan.

AH and I originally thought that we'd have take our old car to the car yard so that they could do whatever has to be done before passing the new car to us, but as it turned out, that will happen on Friday, so today we were able to get a lot done in a short amount of time.

I printed a customer's photo (from the private photo shoot last week) ready for him to pick up tomorrow morning. I ordered 200 prints of our Happy Abode postcards which will be ready for Adoring Husband to pick up tomorrow.

I spent too much money at Office Works. I've always thought that Office Works had bargain prices, but after I'd bought some necessities there today, I discovered the same products somewhere else for less than half the price that I'd paid for them, so I was not very impressed.

It's a good lesson for me to shop around and do some research in future.

Thankfully, I did shop around for some clear cellophane. It's amazing the wide variety of prices for the different sized packages of clear cellophane! I found the best bargain at Heaps Discounts in Stocklands, which was the fifth place that I'd looked.

Before we left Stocklands, we sat down to enjoy a coffee at The Coffee Club. That was a very pleasant end to our day.

We drove home, but stopped at the shop on the way to drop off some of our purchases. The Motivator was still at work and it was after 5pm. I was happy to see the delivered boxes still unopened in the back, so we'll have fun tomorrow opening them together.

We had to rush home because AH had SES duties and had to leave almost immediately.

I've made a big salsa salad for his dinner and some salmon steaks to accompany it. I ate some fresh tiger prawns with my salad.

I'm hoping to get an early night tonight, because I had broken sleep last night and I awoke feeling tired. Tomorrow, I want to wake feeling energised!

Nite all.

No comments: