Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Thanks for Nothing

The world of business is competitive.

It seems that we have inspired people to compete with us in our field. One local business owner has changed her line of stock, which puts her in direct competition with us and has completely changed the original focus of her business which has been in existence for years.

Another has just started a new business that directly competes with our most popular range of stock. This one hurts the most because we have supported her and held her art work in our shop, promoting her and selling her wares.

Competition is always a good thing, and it will make us work harder to get it right and keep it real for our loyal customers. It will also make us a little more wary of the people with whom we do business in the future.

You live and you learn and hopefully the lessons along the way don't hurt too much!

I will RELEASE the initial negativity that has swamped me this evening.

I will wish her well and send love and acceptance her way.

Everything happens for a reason.

I will move on and only focus on my own destiny.

I will fill my world with love and light.



Meanwhile, we had a quiet sales day in The Happy Abode, but a productive day with business appointments, business planning and rearranging stock.

Now that we get to spend some quality time together, The Motivator and I can focus on the business and make some solid plans about how we are going to grow and improve and get our name 'out there'.

We have some exciting times ahead if we get this right.

But first, I have to clear my desk!

I spent the day dumping onto my desk, anything that I wasn't sure what to do with, and now it looks like a disaster area.

An early start tomorrow should get it cleared and ready for hard work for the remainder of the day.

I arrived home so late and so tired today, that Adoring Husband suggested take away! I had a GF steak sandwich which was delicious and very light. Then he made me a cup of tea, which was lovely.

I think it's time for bed!

Nite all.

No comments: