Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

One More Sleep

That is all, until Primrose climbs into her car and heads home.

She has packed her bags and cleaned her room, washed her bed sheets and done a walk through double checking every room and piled everything into the car.

There has been much 'accumulating' on the road trip and holiday. Many sales were attended. Many Op shops gave us joy. Many markets were visited. Many gift shops were judged. Therefore many more bags need to be loaded into the car to go home!

I did some more beading today. This is the mess that has 'accumulated' on our outdoor table while I'm creating my beading masterpiece...



Each night this week, there has been a mad panic as the storms approach to move the table in closer to the house so that my beads didn't get picked up and carried away with the strong winds.

Speaking of storms. This one came for a quick visit this afternoon ...


For her final evening here, we all played trivia at the Bowls Club with Tweedle Dee, The Garden Guru and The Blonde Bombshell. We came 6th out of sixteen teams, which we were pretty happy about.

I'll decide tomorrow whether I'll go to work or not. I'm not sure how I will be feeling after Primrose leaves. For now, it's time for bed.

Nite all.

 

No comments: