Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 19, 2018

Sleepless in the Heads


That's how many times the psychotic dogs needed to go outside during the night between 11.30pm and 4.45am.

I got up the first three times, but on the fourth, I nudged Adoring Husband very heavily. His alarm would be going off at 5am anyway, so I figured he could do the honours for the final outing.


That's what I was when my alarm went off at 5.30am so that I could get to work early enough to open the shop for meditation classes.


That was me when I realised that our meditation signage was looking tattered and unprofessional at our 6th week of classes. I created new signs and then laminated them ready for Monday week (we are closed next Monday).


That's how I felt when one of the meditation ladies said that she played the "Happy" song all week and danced to it with her grandchildren and it made her feel wonderful! That was the result of us dancing to that song at the end of meditation last week and of me telling them how I set my alarm to play it every hour on the hour so that I could feel good and dance just for one minute.


Thats how I was when The Gypsy and I got into a really interesting conversation about life and all it's challenges and the choices we make and how we deal with the results of those choices ... and so much more.


I felt that from my heart when Adoring Husband heated up my chicken broth and brought it to me at the shop for morning tea. He also delivered my phone which I'd left in the bathroom this morning.


Is how I felt when three ladies made a special trip to The Heads and came into the shop because somebody in The Bay had told them about the beautiful new shop in The Heads that they should visit.


When Adoring Husband walked through the door at 2.50pm and I looked at my watch, I was super surprised that it was time to shut up shop already! Some days just fly by so fast!


Is the overwhelming feeling when I walked into the house and remembered that I had removed the curried sausages from the freezer this morning and they were thawed out ready to heat up for our early dinner. AH was being picked up early for an important SES meeting out of town, so an easy dinner, followed by the strawberry cream pie for the dessert, was just what the doctor ordered.


I have my outfit laid out ready for tomorrow, including accessories. My carry bags are packed with all of my work and course 'stuff' to take tomorrow morning. The folder full of paperwork for our Sydney trip is in my suitcase which is ready to be packed in the back bedroom. I am in my pyjamas ready to climb into bed as soon as MKR is finished.


With so little sleep last night, the day has caught up with me and I am back to feeling absolutely exhausted. If the psychotic dogs wake me up tonight, I'm going to give AH a swift kick to deal with them. Otherwise I'm going to be tired and crabby and he will have to take the brunt of that!


Is how I feel when I remember on Monday nights that it will be coffee morning with the girls when I wake up.

See you tomorrow girls!

Nite all.

No comments: