Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Noooooo Not Again!

Adoring Husband had the car booked in for it's first service at 8am, so because of the terrible weather, I decided to get a lift with him to the shop at 7.20am.

We parked the car behind the shop and AH helped me carry all of my gear into the shop. Two Happy Abode bags containing the cash tin and lots of paperwork, folders and course work, my small suitcase on wheels that contains paperwork and my laptop and finally my handbag.

Within a matter of seconds after walking through the front door, AH said "Is that floor wet?"

It certainly WAS wet! So wet!









Such a mess and so much worse than last time, plus a whole new leak above our blue wall in the training room.

If we get the same sort of rain over the weekend that we had last night, I would not be surprised if the ceiling collapsed.

After the last event, our roof was replaced so I assumed that there would be no further problems.

The owner's best mate (who dealt with the problem last time) came today with the guy who replaced the roof and they inspected the roof and our damage. They said that our internal damage was not listed on the 'scope of works' that they were given last time, so they only repaired or replaced what was listed on that document.

They said that if they had known about the internal stuff, they would have know what needed to be fixed.

The Landlord's best mate knew exactly what the damage was internally last time because I walked him through the shop and showed him, so I am suspicious of his story.

Sadly, they advised that nothing could be done about this problem until the middle of next week. They also did nothing to protect the damage that had already been done nor to prevent further damage, and with the forecast of more torrential rain over the weekend, well, who knows what could happen.

We've moved all the furniture and stock away from where the ceiling could possibly collapse.

I've taken photos of all the stock and the displays and the cabinets and furniture and I took a video of the damage, the running water down the walls and the droplets of water coming from the ceiling.

I don't know what else I can do except bring home any important paperwork so that if the worst case scenario should occur, it will be safe n sound in my house.

Needless to say, AH cancelled his appointment for the car service, so that he could be with me and help move the stock and furniture as well as be present when the guys came to assess the damage.

It was a long day, but one exciting thing did happen ... I received the first advance payment from a lady who now holds the title of 'first student' for one of the photography courses! *happy dance* I knew that she would be the first through the door once the newsletter was published, but now I have to phone the other twelve people on the list to invite them in next week to register.

I also have to hope like hell that the training room will be repaired and dry by the 9th March. Ugh.

Anyway, it's almost 11pm so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: