Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Sleepy Saturday

It's easy to blame other businesses in town for our very quiet Saturdays.

When people know that the bakery is closed and they want fresh bread, they will go somewhere else for that bread ... if they also require meat or groceries, then they will do that shopping in whatever town they're getting the bread. They will browse other shops and spend their money away from their local community.

So our bakery, which doesn't open on Saturday mornings, is damaging business for everybody else in town.

However, instead of playing the blame game, we should be putting our heads together to come up with a way to attract people to our shops - the shops that are open on a Saturday morning - to improve  business for ourselves.

We need to band together and come up with a plan.

Watch this space.

It was a very sleepy morning with low sales, BUT I got two more names for my big DSLR workshop in June - the course that I am most excited about! It's filling up fast.

I also had a brief chat with The Motivator on messenger and I can't wait to see her tomorrow to talk about all the inner work she's done this week!

I drew the winner of the $25 Happy Abode voucher for this month.

I did a little work on the photography for beginners course.

I rearranged the displays while the shop is in a bit of disarray and emptied the bins because the shop will be empty for a few days.

I laid towels in all the danger areas just in case it rains before the repairs are done.

I filled a bag with some important stuff to bring home, just in case of a worst case scenario.

Adoring Husband picked me up at 1pm and we did a quick grocery shop, got some lunch (GF steak sandwich from the take-away - for which I'm developing a bit of a weakness!) and then came home to

  • eat lunch
  • unpack the groceries
  • watch a quick movie
  • prepare a baked dinner for the barbecue (lamb & veg)
  • whip up a quick strawberry cream pie
  • unpack the work stuff out of the car
  • do a load of washing
  • make the gravy & greens for baked dinner
  • write up a packing list for tomorrow morning (See Lady Lynn? Still not packed lol)
  • do the blog post
  • go to bed!
It's right on 10pm so I'm off to bed now. I have much to do tomorrow morning and it will be a tiring day, so I need a good night's sleep to get me through it.

If you see anything that takes your fancy ... Reed Gift Fair ... text me and I'll check it out!

I will do my best to write a blog post every night while I'm away, but I can't make any promises.


Nite all.

No comments: