Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Winner is ... Sydney

The day has gone pretty smoothly.

I arrived at the airport on time.

The plane arrived in The Bay early. The plane left The Bay early. The plane landed in Sydney early ... through heavy cloud, scudding showers and winds at 40kph. We had an excellent pilot and I wasn't scared at any stage ... some passengers applauded when we landed ... but I've had a lot worse landings than todays in my time!

I caught a taxi to our motel where I found The Motivator waiting patiently after she had rested up from her flight from Bali.

I unpacked my suitcase and caught up on some of her news and shared some of my news.

All the while that we were talking, we were attempting to get ready to go out in public, but by the time we walked out the door, it was too late to catch any of the gift fair, so we walked through the mall and did some clothes shopping.

We found a lovely Chinese restaurant and shared Peking duck, Twice cooked pork with hot spicy sauce and a huge bowl of garlic broccoli, which was to die for! The Motivator had a wine and I had a Margarita.

We talked and we talked and we talked and we talked some more. Then we talked and we talked and we talked. So much talking! So much to catch up on! So many ideas spewing out of our heads, hearts and minds.

Now we are in bed talking talking talking some more and I need to sign off because The Motivator keeps talking to me and I can't concentrate on what I'm doing.

I just read that last paragraph to her and she is laughing out loud.

I give up now lol.

Nite all.

No comments: