Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

The New Abode

I'm done!

It was an interesting day.

So many people, new faces, came to the shop today, all singing praises about how beautiful it was, how reasonable the prices were, how it was like the secret shop tucked away, how did this town get so lucky to have such a wonderful shop?

Unfortunately, praises don't equate to sales.

It was The Motivator's day off and I spent the time in between customers/visitors cleaning the glass and polishing the chrome on the new display cabinets. They were all in pieces in the training room which made it easier to clean.

I didn't realise how grotty they were until I began to wipe and found some interesting spots, sticky tape, inky marks, thick dust in the tracks where the glass sliding doors fit, glue spots, sticky splashes, grease smudges and more.

With interruptions, it took three hours to clean them, but the sliding doors still need some work.

Adoring Husband came to the shop at midday and began helping me empty some of the old display cabinets and shelves so that they could be moved and rearranged to make way for the new ones.

We spent so much time agonising over where to place everything to maximise the space and have it still look welcoming. The original plan that was imagined in my head, did not work at all, so the process was painful! I almost tossed one of the cabinets altogether!

Eventually, we found a layout that was acceptable, however, it still needs to be approved by The Motivator. We removed the table that was at the front door to make way for a cabinet and then had to find space for all the stock that was on that table.

I rearranged a LOT of stock, but did not fill the cabinets. Some of the new stock that's being delivered in the coming weeks will find a home there.

We had to clear the training room and vacuum all the mess that was left by the roof repairer last week, in readiness for the meditation class on Monday morning.

Adoring Husband left the building at about 5.15pm and I arrived home on my trike at 6pm.

The job is still not complete, but I'll return tomorrow afternoon and tie up the loose ends.

Right now, we both feel like we've been hit by a truck!

Those cabinets were awkward and heavy and fragile, so it was quite difficult manoeuvring them through the space and we had to move other furniture to make room to squeeze through.

I'm looking forward to crawling into bed tonight and sleeping late tomorrow.

There will be a trip into The Bay tomorrow to find something that will dress up the cabinets and hide some flaws.

Monday is my day off, so I'll spend the entire day in bed! Can't wait!

Meanwhile, have a fabulous Sunday!

Nite all.

No comments: