Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Jiggedy Jig

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig.

We were totally organised this morning and left the motel at exactly 8am as we planned.

Our taxi fares from the airport to the motel when we arrived were $42.50 for The Motivator and $57.00 for me. These totals included tolls.

We decided to use Uber to take us to the airport this morning. I ordered the Uber at 7.55am and our driver was putting our suitcases in the boot at 7.58am. Obviously, it was peak hour traffic and our driver asked us which way we wanted to go. We told him to go whichever way he thought was best.

If you're not aware, no money changes hands with Uber. When you sign up to use the service, you provide your card details and they take the money automatically when the trip is over. Uber send a confirmation email after every trip with the total of the trip and give you the opportunity to rate their service.

This Uber trip took twelve minutes during peak hour (my taxi trip from the airport via taxi on Sunday took 18 minutes and I'm certain that he went through every toll known to mankind) and the total cost today was $25.05!

Our driver's name was Yao and he was lovely. Very polite and helpful and efficient.

Every Uber experience that I've had (5 times now), has been positive and very satisfying. If I have a choice, I won't use the regular taxi services in future. Uber is always at the door within 5 minutes, always take the shortest most direct route and always costs about half the price of a taxi.

Anyway, there was hardly anyone (compared to my last visit to the Sydney airport) waiting in the queue to check in so we were fairly quickly checked in and also passed quickly through security.

We found a nice little cafe called 'Chur' for breakfast where we ordered avocado smash on GF bread with tomato salsa. I had a latte and The Motivator had peppermint tea. It was all nice except for the bread which tasted more like a cake than bread. I had two mouthfuls and decided to just eat the smash and salsa.

Before we went to our gate, I ordered a 'heartbeet' juice from the juice bar - pineapple, avocado, beetroot, apple and banana. It was divine!

It was a great flight home. Good weather and we had three seats between us to spread out and enjoy the flight. The landing was a bit 'iffy' because the pilot aborted on the first attempt and we circled around to try again and even the second attempt was quite a heavy landing.

Adoring Husband was waiting at the gate and once we collected our luggage, we drove straight home and dropped off The Motivator before doing some grocery shopping and grabbing a coffee and then heading home.

It was lunchtime so I went directly to the kitchen to cook up some chicken to have with a salad for lunch. I haven't removed my butt from the couch since.

It has been a lovely lazy afternoon catching up on my recorded programs like MKR and Married at First Sight. Adoring Husband cooked up some chicken wings for a snack-like dinner and here I am blogging early in the evening so that bedtime can also be early.

No photos today.

Have a happy Thursday and perhaps I'll see you at The Happy Abode!

Nite all.

No comments: