Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 26, 2018

Ten Thousand

That's how many dollars we could EASILY spend at the gift fair.

That's how many steps we walked today at the gift fair.

That's how many stands there are at the gift fair (perhaps I exaggerate slightly).

That's how many people made their way through the gift fair.

We are exhausted.

So far, we bought Cenzoni bags and purses, LOTS of Ivys bags and scarves, some beautiful SHE jewellery, lovely Cinnamon jewellery and we took the details from some amazing stands that we will order from after we return home.

It took us seven hours to do less than one floor of the gift fair. There is still another floor that we just touched on in the last twenty minutes of the day and which we probably won't get back to tomorrow because we have another gift fair to attend in another location.

We shared a mango this morning as we walked to the gift fair. At 1.30pm I had to buy a coffee because I had a raging headache from lack of caffeine in the morning. We only drank one bottle of water all day and only peed once! So we were absolutely running on empty by the end of the day, as you can imagine.

We sat down for dinner at 6.30pm and each had a crispy skinned salmon with fresh seasonal veg and a lemon butter sauce followed by creme brûlée with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream. We had two cocktails each and the final bill was hilarious!



Back in December, when we first decided to attend the gift fair, we discussed the costs involved and how much of the trip that the business, so early in the piece, could pay for. We decided that we would really be more budget conscious with our meals this time round. That idea went straight out the window!

However, we figured that since we didn't eat breakfast or lunch, the money we didn't spend on those meals could be added to our imaginary budget for dinners! The food has been divine and we have been indulgent and we have also enjoyed every bit of it!

Here is a photo of the clouds as we came in to land in Sydney ...


I need to sleep now. I can't believe it's already 11pm!

Nite all.

No comments: