Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Back to Work

Now that the carpet is dry, I started the day putting the shop back together.

It took a bit longer than I expected, but we got there in the end.

We took delivery of a small order that I'd made a few days before I went away, so those items needed to be checked off, priced and displayed.

I unpacked the few things that we brought back with us from Sydney, priced them all, set aside the special order for Tweedle Dee and placed the remainder on display (except a one-off chain that I fell in love with and had to buy for myself!).

We listed and tallied up all the orders that we made in Sydney and then audibly gasped at the total!

We also rubbed our hands with glee at the thought of all those lovely items arriving through our shop doors at staggered times in the coming weeks. It will be an entire month feeling like Christmas.

There were also a few customers to tend to during the day.

Between us, we were pretty much done in at the end of the day.

For me, looking after the shop on my own, dealing with the stressful weather event/damage and then tearing through three intense days at the fairs in Sydney, I felt a little low on energy.

For The Motivator, who endured long hours of travel, some incredibly intense emotional cleansing over 8 days, more long hours on the plane home, not being able to access our room for quite a few uncomfortable hours in Sydney and then tearing through three intense days at the fairs in Sydney, she too was feeling low on energy.

But we made it through the day, have each selected a day either side of Sunday to take off work and try to regain some of that energy that we're lacking.

I'll be in bed immediately after Gogglebox tonight. I love Gogglebox!

Happy Friday everyone ...

Nite all.

  

No comments: