Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 2, 2018

What do you practice everyday?

I just had a local gentleman (of dubious character) in the shop complaining very loudly and very aggressively about the new real estate agent.

The old RE had a direct debit system in place so that his rent could go directly from his bank account to their bank account and he never had to worry about it.

The new RE doesn't have that system in place and it means that he has to organise with his own bank to send his rent payment to their account, which in turn, means a bank fee that he has to pay.

I suggested that since he only lives around the corner, he could drop into the RE office once each fortnight and pay the rent over the counter. After all, he comes to the shops to buy bread and milk - it would be easy to do that and he wouldn't have to pay fees.

Without even pausing, he cut my idea down in flames stating "WHY should I have to do that? It's not my problem that the new RE hasn't got their act together! They should be accommodating their customers! If they don't fix the problem, I'm just not going to pay rent!"

My next suggestion was that he may need to begin looking for new accommodation for when they evict him.

He didn't like that idea either haha.

I know this gentleman (still dubious) quite well from his visits to the Seat of Knowledge and his life is filled with dramas. He plays the victim beautifully and his middle name should be 'negative' probably in capital letters. I generally like to avoid contact with him because he loves to spread his anger far and wide.

Right after he left the shop, I received this in messenger from a friend ...



Amazingly appropriate, and I almost ran out of the shop to chase him and have him watch the video!

Today (2nd March) marks the 39th anniversary of my oldest child's passing. He would have turned 40 this year in October.

I'm feeling a bit sad and melancholy, just momentarily as I remember.

At the same time, I'm trying to coordinate the purchase and pick up of some shop display cabinets in Maryborough this afternoon. It seems the Universe is conspiring against me, but I think that between Adoring Husband and myself, we might be able to work it out.

I had a very quiet morning in the shop but it's been much busier this afternoon - which is unusual because it's usually the other way around.

I'm feeling a bit peckish - might be time to order some lunch!

This is a very early post because I wanted to talk about the angry man and the video coinciding.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend.

Afternoon all and ...

Nite all.

No comments: