Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Bit of Happy Work

I'm a bit tired.

I was awake at 4am and dozed on and off for a couple of hours until Adoring Husband delivered my coffee just after 6am. I got out of bed at 8.30am, showered and prepared myself for a trip into The Bay.

I was on a mission!

I had an idea to cover some of the less attractive parts of our new-old cabinets with washi tape, so we went in search of some teal coloured tape.

Our first stop was Spotlight. I found some teal tape, but it was in a pack with six other colours and each pack cost almost $20. I would need four packs to do the job because each roll was only two metres long. A total of $80 was much more than I planned on spending.

Our second stop was K-Mart. They too had washi tape which was MUCH cheaper, but none of the colours fit my brief.

Our third stop was Office Works (my favourite shop). The problem with Office Works, was that I found washi tape ALL OVER THE PLACE. There was no designated area for washi tape! We wandered all over the shop looking for it and found it in four different spots.

I selected a pack of five. Each roll was ten metres long and each colour was a different shade of teal. It only cost $4.97.

Adoring Husband found what looked like a big fat Texta of black ink, but was in fact, a container of water based black paint that seeps through a thick Texta type nib. So I bought that to paint the legs of the cabinets which were looking a bit the worst for wear.

I also bought some throw rugs, which I though might look ok laid over the base of the cabinets, but they turned out to be too narrow, so I'll take them back.

I think it took about 90 minutes to do the washi tape and the leg painting. I hope that The Motivator likes it! I believe that they look a whole lot better now, than when we brought them to the shop on Friday.

Tomorrow is my day off and I can't wait to spend the majority of the day in bed with my training stuff  and maybe doing some more of my photography course (which, incidentally, begins this coming Friday!)

We stopped off at Dan Murphys before we came home and stocked up on some alcoholic beverages.


We ate duck breast with salad for dinner and I whipped up a quick pineapple whip ice cream, of which AH ate two servings ... ok I admit it ... I ate two servings as well.

It's after 11pm and it's time for me to sleep and rest this weary body.

Nite all.

No comments: