Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 10, 2018

That Time Again

I'm very happy to have reached Sunday.

Even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Happy Abode and love spending time there, in the last thirty days, I've only had two complete days away from Happy Abode business. I've even spent my Sundays either at the shop for a period of time or working on my photography course at home or going to The Bay to get things for the shop.

Yes, I had four days in Sydney, but it was all about Happy Abode business and was exhausting! I have to add that it was fun and worth the exhaustion, but I need to practice some rest, relaxation and self care, because I've used almost all of my happy energy and I need to generate some more.

This Sunday, I have to go to the shop with Adoring Husband to drill a hole in the wall to hang a mirror, measure up for some shelving for storage and then vacuum the floor. So it won't be my day to fill my cup, as I'd planned, but I can rest in the morning.

It's exciting that the football season has begun for this year. I'm already doing poorly in the footy tipping competition at the club and only have one correct out of five so far!

It's only 9.30pm but it feels like midnight! I'm soooooo tired.

For anybody who cares, The Blonde Bombshell is doing well. Her recovery will take 2 - 3 months at this stage. She has a broken bones in her neck and back, as well as a broken rib, but the doctors are happy with her progress and happy with the surgery that she underwent a couple of days ago. She is, apparently, in good spirits and her husband will be able to join her in Sydney by Wednesday. So that is good news.

We spent most of today pricing and displaying the 'Intrinsic' range of products on the main table in the shop and rearranging some other stock. We've added a small 'sale' table to the mix as well.

Our new line of watches will arrive next week, along with the Waterlyn journals and then the following week will see the delivery of the Serenade range of bags and purses, and hopefully the new Ivys range will arrive too.

The fun part will be figuring out where to put it all in the shop.

For now though, I'm off to bed.

Nite all. 

No comments: