Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 7, 2018


We had a shop full of people this morning, six of us at one stage, rearranging the cabinets,  furniture and stock. Now we look as good as new and the shop even looks bigger!

I didn't think to take photos, but I will tomorrow and share them in tomorrow's post.

This week has been one full of sad and shocking news for me.

I was disappointed that nobody told me about my friend The Publican, who passed away while we were in Sydney, and I only learned about it on Thursday afternoon, which was the day of her funeral so I had missed it.

She is in a better place now and no longer in pain and I have paid my respects in my own way. May she rest in peace.

Today, I received a phone call about my good friend, The Blonde Bombshell (aka yip yip), who was involved in a bad car accident while towing a caravan near Cobar yesterday. She is currently in Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney where she had surgery on her spine today, while her husband is in Orange Hospital having surgery on his left hand.

We all feel so helpless up here and I know that we all wish we were closer to be able to help them in any way possible. Luckily their much loved dog Molly survived the accident too and is waiting to be picked up by family members.

If you get to catch up on this blog and you read this Yip Yip - get well soon, heal quickly and hurry home.  We missed you at trivia tonight and at coffee on Tuesday and at the club on Friday night. Do everything right and take good care of you xo.

It's getting close to midnight, so I'm off to bed.

I have approximately 24 hours to finish creating my photography course so tomorrow is going to be a big day!

Nite all.

No comments: