Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 5, 2018

Pyjama Party

I have enjoyed a 24 hour pyjama party all on my lonesome.

I remained in bed until 4.30pm working on my business training stuff.

*As I write this, I have just received a phone call from The Motivator telling me that the shop is flooding! I can't even get there to help because Adoring Husband is at the Sandy Straits attending an SES meeting! Ugh! I feel so helpless and the rain is relentless and loud and so heavy!*

As I was saying ...

I got through two weeks of the training in one day and that included printing out some money mindset affirmations and sticking them all over the house where Adoring Husband and I will see them every day.

This will help me remain positive and motivated in my head while we build up the business and will hopefully stop me from slowing down or putting on the brakes ... as is known to happen.

It also included a lot of journalling/writing.

I am STILL in my pyjamas and am now on the couch ready to watch MKR before climbing back into bed ready for a big day at work tomorrow, which will obviously include some cleaning up from tonight's rain.

The landlord is going to cop it from us after this. The repairers came into our shop without permission, cut a hole in our ceiling leaving a mess all over the floor of the training room which we need to use and they STILL have not fixed the problem!

It's been 45 minutes since I heard from The Motivator and she hasn't responded to my text, so I'm hoping that things are ok. At least the rain has stopped ... for now.

I need to leave and wallow in my stress.

Nite all.

No comments: