Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Just Ask Me!

It has been five months since the first storm that caused water damage in The Happy Abode. 

2nd October 2017 was our first experience, but apparently there has been an issue with leaks ever since day one of this building's existence.

So it's now five months later, the problem has not been fixed and we have experienced our third rain event with water damage.

One of the annoying things about this situation is that today, they found where the main leak was ... and it was exactly where I said it was the first time.

This man doesn't like to take advice from females and he doesn't listen, choosing instead, to speak over the top of us.

I noticed today, that he also doesn't like to listen to the professionals, because the roofing guy wanted to do a couple of things today, and he spoke over the top of him and said "don't worry about that, it'll be right."

All I can say, is that it had better be right, because my patience is wearing very thin.

This is how we left the shop this afternoon - just in case of more heavy rain - it was looking very ominous all around us this evening, but so far we've only had light rain.




We met the owners of the other shops today and we told them that we were very interested in the shop JATOE. We had long discussions about nothing in particular but brought up the fact that we would like to be in a better position on the street.

You never know what might develop from those discussions.

We had more stock arrive today and there should be even more by the end of the week, so now we are rearranging the shop to accommodate more cabinets and we're ready to order a couple of tall glass cabinets to go with the three that we already have.

We're struggling to figure out where to put all the stock that will arrive in the coming weeks.

My photography course commences this Friday and I still haven't finished creating/designing it!

I've got 48 hours lol.

Don't worry. I do my best work under pressure!

Happy Hump Day.

Nite all. 

No comments: