Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 2, 2019

A Good Day at the Office

It was a good day at the shop and I gave Adoring Husband some training because he is manning the shop for the first time, on his own, tomorrow, while The Motivator and I spend the day in Brisbane attending a seminar.

I hope we are set up well enough that he will manage ok. I have faith in him but since the shop has been run by The Motivator and I for almost two years and we know the 'ins' and 'outs' and are not set up for somebody else to come in and easily see how things work, it might make things tricky for him.

BUT it won't be the end of the world if it gets tricky. He will do his best and we will be grateful for that.

It's going to be a good day!

We are excited about our seminar.

We are excited about another visit to IKEA.

We are excited about not having to drive all the way home after the seminar and will be staying overnight in Nambour.

We are excited about having 24 hours of girl time together.

So I guess I should get some sleep since I'm being picked up at 6am!

I hope that some of you girls will go visit AH to check that he is ok during the day!

Have a happy Friday.

Nite all.

No comments: