Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 29, 2019

Crazy? Maybe.

I had a fabulous day today!

I wish every day was so good!

Adoring Husband drove me to work because I didn't wake up until 7.50am! He helped me open the shop, as he does. What a man.

The Gypsy was in-house today and we each had verbal diarrhoea between her customers. It's been a couple of weeks since we were together in the shop and she wasn't booked out with clients, so there was plenty to catch up on.

There was only one customer ALL day, but it was one hell of a customer! I am still gobsmacked!

The Motivator came for a quick visit and spread some love.

AH came at 2.35pm, bought our afternoon coffee, chatted for a little while before helping me close the shop, as he does. He's still the man!


We came home and sat for a little while in the pool area.

We watched a movie called 'Suburbicon' which was very very weird.

I cooked a butterflied lamb with roast veg and gravy for dinner.

It's now 9.20am and I'm off to bed for an early night so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for coffee with the girls in the morning.



Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Nite all.

No comments: