Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Done and Dusted

Adoring Husband and I started very early this morning.

I had fifteen ladies coming for a Nutrimetics party in the pool area at 2pm.

We drove to the shop to pick up five chairs and a couple of plastic drinking vessels.

We had to go to the supermarket to grab a few more items for my food preparations.

We rearranged the furniture under the Bali hut and added some little tables and chairs and a bigger table with table cloths.

We vacuumed all the grass and dirt from the ground around the pool and under the hut.

We set up the tea and coffee corner in the outdoor kitchen.

We set out all the plastic wine glasses and tumblers.

We filled the metal tub with ice and some bottles of wine.

We baked cupcakes and iced them.

We made two platters with cabanossi, cheeses, grapes, raspberries, sun-dried tomatoes, carrot sticks, pickles, dips and crackers.

We filled a container with grapes, raspberries and slices of watermelon,

We made a dip with avocado, creamed cheese, capsicum, shallots, lemon juice and salt and pepper.

We made a jug of margarita mix.

We made a jug of alcohol free punch.

We filled a bowl with chips.

We cleaned the bathroom.

We vacuumed the floors.

We did two loads of washing.

We mowed a small section of front yard.

Aggie arrived while I was still in the shower so AH showed her to the pool area and she began setting up before I joined her.

Everybody else arrived on time and found a seat while I managed to provide a few drinks until I had to take my seat ready for a facial!

A few of the ladies joined in and either gave themselves a facial or gave the person beside them one.  There was a bit of giggling going on and I felt quite naked being with so many people and not a skerrick of makeup on my tired old face.



I must say that my face didn't 'feel' so tired and old after the facial!

While everybody made their orders, I brought all the food out, refreshed some drinks, waded in the pool, chatted with a few ladies, went right into the pool - only three other ladies brought their swimmers but they all went in.


I wanted to sit with the girls and have a chat, but Aggie asked me to sit with her while she calculated my sales and then I had to go through the catalogues to select my purchases. I got $200 worth of products for $100 plus I received a $50 voucher which I spent on bronzer and soap.

It was a pretty successful day for Aggie AND for me. The ladies had a good time and Aggie was driving away just after 5.30pm.

It didn't take long for AH and I to clear most of the pool area. I washed all the dishes and AH brought the shop chairs into the house so that he can return them tomorrow. I cleaned the outdoor kitchen and AH vacuumed (and by 'vacuumed', I mean 'ate') almost all of the leftover food.

We didn't have any dinner.

Now, I am exhausted. It's time for sleep. I am working tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: