Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Hello There

Well, here I am after a dreadful Friday afternoon and evening.

For some strange reason, my back began to feel uncomfortable around lunch time on Friday and by 2pm the pain became more intense.

I couldn't find a comfortable position to sit or stand so I walked around, did some stretching in all kinds of directions to no avail.

By the time Adoring Husband came to help me close the shop, the pain was incredibly uncomfortable and I was leaning over the counter or over my desk trying to breathe it out, but it didn't help.

The pain was strange and filled the area from between my shoulder blades, down the muscles on either side of my spine right down to my lower back. It felt both internal and external and like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

I had to go to the post office to mail three customer orders and I was barely able to complete the task.

The drive home was painful and I had a few ideas in mind to hopefully ease my situation.

I arrived home and changed into my swimmers. I thought floating in the pool would help. It did help a little. I swam a few laps hoping to stretch it out but it still felt uncomfortable and the cool water temperature felt ok to a point.

Eventually, I had to get out, so I went straight into the bathroom and ran a hot shower. The strong water pressure and heat from the water felt good and I think I stayed under the shower for about ten minutes.

By the time I was dressed, the pain returned and increased significantly.

I lay on the bed and attempted to find a position to ease the pain. It didn't work.

I tried a specific meditation for pain, but two minutes in I was squirming and breathing very heavily.

The pain was unbearable and I stood up and leaned over the bed trying to breathe out the pain. I knelt on the floor trying to breathe out the pain. I lay down with pillows putting pressure on different spots on my back but it did not help.

The thought crossed my mind that I may require an ambulance because I would never get through the night in this kind of pain.

I asked Adoring Husband if he had any pain killers. I don't buy pain killers and it's been more than a year since I took one to ease a headache that I got from caffeine withdrawals.

He didn't have any. It was now 5.45pm and the supermarket closes at 6pm, so I pleaded with him to hurry and get me something for the pain.

He returned with the necessary drugs and I took two immediately.

I didn't have anything for heat. No water bottle and no wheat bag (we don't have a microwave to heat a wheat bag anyway) so AH filled a tall locknlock container with hot water and wrapped it in a tea towel for me. I placed it between my back and a pillow so that there was some pressure there.

By now, I was begging AH to take the pain away.

Of course there was nothing else he could do.

Within about 15 minutes, I could feel the pain ease and then fifteen minutes later again, there was just a mild throb.

I fell asleep almost immediately and woke at 7.30pm pain free.

I asked AH to heat me up some chicken broth, which he did before coming to bed himself.

I watched a couple of hours of TV in bed and fell asleep until just after midnight. I could feel some slight twinges in my back, so I took some more pain killers and went back to sleep until my alarm woke me at 6am. I took a couple of pain killers 'just in case' - not something I would normally do, but that pain really scared me and I didn't want to risk it setting in again.

The pain has not returned today. I haven't taken any more pain killers. I have no idea how or why that pain came or why it has completely disappeared without even any tenderness remaining.

So that's why I didn't do my blog. I was traumatised!

I fell asleep at midnight listening to a long sound healing meditation. I started the day with another healing meditation followed by various kinergetic exercises hoping to send the right energy through my body for strength and healing. I also did a mini physical 'journey' before getting out of bed.

I'm hoping that the power of my mind is strong enough to prevent this happening again.

Ugh.



Feeling good today and looking forward to a large gathering of ladies around the pool for a Nutrimetics party tomorrow afternoon. It should be fabulous!

This means that I require a good night's sleep so that I have the energy to prepare and party!

Nite all.

No comments: