Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Nine Years Married

Sixteen years together and nine years married.

To celebrate, we lunched at Goody's in Toogoom.



Adoring Husband enjoyed a SurfnTurf and I ordered a GF Salt and Pepper Calamari with sweet potato chips and salad. It was delicious, but too much for me to finish and AH ate half of it for me.

It was disappointing because I so wanted dessert, but my belly just couldn't accept another morsel of food.

We had a couple of errands to run in The Bay after lunch so while we were there, we decided to have a look at some beds and bedroom suites. Our bed is 16 years old now and fading fast. Our biggest decision is whether to purchase another mattress and base, or an entire bedroom suite.

We found a delicious king sized bed that when I lay upon it, felt like I was floating on a cloud.

It was crossed off our list when the price was revealed. $12,000 - yes that is twelve thousand dollars just for a bed. I remember two years ago we looked at a $16,000 bed - one of which Beyonce (apparently) owns. It was half price at the time, but for us, still too expensive for a bed.

We also searched for an outdoor bar setting, but were unsuccessful in our efforts.

I got a few more canvasses and acrylic paints so that I can play some more.

We got back to town early enough to get coffee and to drop in to the shop to see The Motivator.

Earlier in the day, I had attended meditation and had picked up my birthday parcel from the post office. The one that BGWLBH had sent.

Unfortunately, I was running late for my date with AH so I had to wait until the end of the day to open it. You need to understand that our gifts to each other are not just one gift. It's multiple gifts with little tags that explain why the gift was chosen.

It's a journey that takes a good half an hour and needs to be savoured and enjoyed. It can't and shouldn't be rushed.

Here are just a few of my pressies ...







I think my favourite is the golden staff, which is very appropriate for this Queenie!

Anzac Day tomorrow and The Happy Abode is placing a wreath, so I'd best get some sleep so that I can be fresh early in the morning.

Nite all.  

No comments: