Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 22, 2019

An Awakening!

We were expecting the Mirror Art artist at the shop today, but we didn't have an ETA - unfortunately he  was waiting in the carpark when The Motivator arrived to open!

I was still in bed, so a quick phone call from TM and I jumped up and was ready to leave within 20 minutes.

As the artist so diplomatically stated "You look tired"

Thanks mate 🙄😠

Take your mirror art and leave the premises.

He should have looked in one of his mirrors and he would have seen that he wasn't looking too crash hot himself!

Haha. Triggered much?

Mirror Art is not my cup of tea. It's very retro and reminds me of stuff that my Dad had behind his home bar back in the 70s.

This man is very good but also very pricy. The value is there but for our demographic, we can't see it selling very well.

However, we've asked him to provide a book of his work and a number of business cards, which we can show customers and they can decide for themselves.

We didn't stay long and pulled out of the driveway before the artist did.

The Motivator had a crazy busy day in the shop.

Thank you Universe!

While she was run off her feet, I was watching 'You Can Heal Your Life' videos and listening to their podcasts ... as a lead up to their big summit that begins early May. I'm still considering whether to be involved in that one.

I was watching more youtube videos about fluid art.

I was swimming in the pool. I lost count of how many laps I swam, but it was definitely more than yesterday, by at least 4 laps.

I was sharing some quality time with AH under the Bali hut.

I really wanted to do some art, but yesterday's effort put me off a bit, so I have to regroup and go back to basics.

Maybe on Wednesday.

Thursday is my birthday.

It's a baby number.

59

I'll be spending it with some special people.

Friday is AH's and my 9th wedding anniversary. I've never celebrated 9 years married before!

We are also 16 years together and I've never been with one person for that long either!

We must be doing something right.

We must love each other!


Nite all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...



Here I. Was all ready to wish you a Happy Birthday today and then I read your bog where you report your birthday is on Thursday!

So............it will be an early greeting. Idon’t want to risk missing sending you a Happy Birthday greeting from us. Grannymus

Age said...

Haha Grannymus!! I have no idea where my head was at yesterday, but my birthday IS today and I've had a great day. Thank you for your birthday greetings. Much love to you xo