Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Discombobulated

That's how I felt all day long.

My mind couldn't really focus on one thing all day, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do, so I stayed in bed until after midday.

Adoring Husband brought me the usual celery juice, chicken broth and coffee. He even cooked dinner tonight! Lamb chops on the barbecue, with mashed potato, mashed pumpkin, zucchini and broccoli. It was perfect.

I had a great idea last night, for a piece of art, and I almost stayed up late to create it, but chose to go to bed instead and save it for today.

Trouble was, I couldn't remember the great idea this morning and even though I searched thoroughly on youtube, nothing triggered my memory.

Finally, in desperation, at 4.30pm, I decided to wing it.

What a disaster!

It was so terrible, I'm not even going to show you a photo. Tomorrow, I'm going to white wash it and start again.

I did go for a swim today and swam two more laps than yesterday, so it was more than 200 metres.

I sat under the Bali hut while it rained, which was really lovely.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be more productive. I'll be visiting the shop because we have an artist bringing in some of his work and we'll decide whether to take some on consignment. I may even take my camera for a ride and see if there is anything to photograph.

I discovered today that Toblerone is GF ... who knew?!

The Motivator has had a big couple of days in the shop, so Easter weekend has been pretty successful  and there is still one more day to go.

I'm ready for bed. I think I'll end my day with some meditation and hopefully I'll have a clearer head tomorrow.







Nite all.

No comments: