Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

My Birthday

I have no idea where my head was at yesterday when I blogged that my birthday is on Thursday and our anniversary is Friday.

Just to clarify ... my birthday was today, 23rd April and our anniversary is on 24th April.

I think I was watching something weird like 'Hughsey We Have a Problem' and I got totally distracted!

Anyway! Happy Birthday to me!

I lay awake in bed last night from 11pm until almost 3am. I have no idea why I couldn't sleep and I lay with my eyes closed the entire time hoping that I would eventually drift off.

Eventually I did and then I woke to look at the clock at 6am, fell back to sleep until Adoring Husband woke me to accept my glass of celery juice at 7am.

I started the day having coffee with the girls, sitting in my throne which was decorated beautifully by The Motivator and eating the GF birthday cheesecake that she so generously provided and with the added touch of a candle to blow out ...




Even though we were supposed to be at the restaurant for lunch at 11.30am because Aggie had a hair appointment to get to, we didn't leave the shop until 11am and with the holiday traffic, combined with  roadworks, it was 11.45am by the time we arrived at our destination.

Luckily Aggie had already ordered her meal, so she was able to leave on time for her appointment and we got a quality 30 minutes with her before she left.

From there, it was time to shop!

I shopped til I dropped!

I bought myself a very expensive top and four other tops that, combined, didn't cost as much as the first one 😳

It's my birthday and I'll buy if I want to 😁🤣😁 (sung to the tune of "It's My Party")

It was a really great day and I love my girls for making my day so special for me.

For listening to me prattle on about stuff that they'd only hear from my mouth.

For buying my lunch, which by the way, was bloody delicious!

For writing the perfect words in my birthday card.

For giving me honest critique during my modelling stint.

For being so patient while I indulged, trying on numerous items of clothing.

For one of you 'always' being my chauffeur in all our social situations.

For providing laughter, giggles, smiles, hugs and snorts at all the right times and especially today.

So thanks girls for making 59 a memorable one.

I received a funny voicemail from Vegan Chickie and Chicklet with a very tuneful "Happy Birthday" song.

I received texts from special people.

A gift to open on the morning of my birthday, from Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour.

A phone call from Bubbles.

A phone call from Number One Son.

A phone call from Best Cousin in the World.

A message from Beauty.

A message from Squirt.

A lovely message from Grannymus even though I tried to confuse her with my incorrect days. She's not silly.

So many messages on Facebook.

A beautiful card from AH this afternoon.

A parcel is somewhere between here and Griffith from BGWLBH which I'm excited about.

The Motivator gave me a lovely little gift and I know that she has more for me tomorrow (should have been this afternoon except I returned home late and was too exhausted to move from the house) so my birthday is going to be extended in a couple of ways.

Just the way I like it!

It's 10am and I plan on going to meditation early in the morning so it's time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: