Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Begin Again

Adoring Husband dropped me off at The Motivator's house and from there we two girls walked to the hall where the lead group of the Anzac march was just arriving.

We went into the hall and claimed our wreath, putting our very large donation in one of the tins provided and then found a spot close to the muster area ready to lay the wreath when our business name was called.

After a few short speeches and some music from the local choir, the names of about fifty groups, organisations, businesses and memorials were called and we all took our turns to lay our wreaths.

It was all over in less than an hour and even though we were invited inside the hall for morning tea, The Motivator and I chose to leave and we walked to her house to have some 'us' time.

We chatted for a while, practiced some kinergetics and then chatted some more.

Suddenly we realised that it was midday! The Motivator may have realised it before me because I was eating into one of her rare days off and she had some 'her' time to attend to! Still, I enjoyed my morning with her and even though we did talk some business, it was nice to have some friend time together.

AH came to pick me up and we headed to the shop to find something for lunch and get coffee. Unfortunately it was 12.07pm when we walked through the doors, and they had shut off the coffee machine at midday.

Ugh.

I made lunch as soon as we got home and watched 'Twilight' on Foxtel.

I created one small piece of art ...


I really love the colours in this one.

... and then created another failure, which again, I will not share here.

So I sat down and watched some more of the Twilight movies.

I made tuna and potato cakes for dinner, which turned out quite well considering I used almond meal as the crumb.

Right now I'm watching the final movie 'Breaking Dawn Part II' and then I'll have to get some sleep because I actually have to work tomorrow.

We decided to not open the shop on Anzac Day.

I'm looking forward to work!

TGIF and have a good one.

Nite all.

No comments: