Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fifty two things to do before I turn fifty two!

I have been advised that anybody who reads my blog in a reader, can't see the side bar with my 'Fifty two things to do before I turn fifty two', so I have been requested to do a dedicated post for it.  Here goes:

  1. Make somebody smile every day.
  2. Enter the Canon EOS 5 competition.
  3. Watch 'Love Actually' on Christmas eve.
  4. Enjoy turning 51.
  5. Have a technology-free day.
  6. Go to a Broncos footy game.
  7. Host a lunch for the girls.
  8. Have a romantic candlelit dinner for two with Adoring Husband.
  9. Go out at dusk for a photographic trek.
  10. Get up at dawn for a photographic trek.
  11. Get a foot massage.
  12. Eat a purely vegan diet for a week.
  13. Enjoy every moment with Chicklet.
  14. Tell Adoring Husband every day, that I love him.
  15. Visit my BFF (2000 kms away)
  16. Create a website for either my jewellery or my photography.
  17. Learn to make vegan dumplings.
  18. Take my dogs to the free dog whisperer at the park.
  19. Get to the 2011 Childers Multi-cultural Festival.
  20. Go to a concert or a show.
  21. Keep DDD up-to-date.
  22. Watch the complete series of 'Friends'.
  23. Create a green smoothie habit four days a week.
  24. Complete three pastel portraits of friends.
  25. Go to the midnight screening of Breaking Dawn.
  26. Walk along the beach with the dogs once a week.
  27. Continue writing my blog.
  28. Practise and experiment with my camera
  29. Go whale watching.
  30. Write a letter to Nellie every month (and remember to post it).
  31. Make something for Chicklet.
  32. Try five new recipes from Vegan Chickie's blog.
  33. Give up ice cream for six months.
  34. Make a batch of soup for the boys on the 'Seat of Knowledge'.
  35. Have a picnic lunch by myself at the park.
  36. Create the necklace that BGWLBH asked for two years ago.
  37. Watch all of the Twilight movies in one day.
  38. Go beach exploring.
  39. Educate myself about frogs.
  40. Spend some time every week reading in my hammock.
  41. Plant more veggies in the garden.
  42. Invite five people outside my usual circle of friends for morning tea.
  43. Write a poem.
  44. Catch the bus into town and spend the day alone.
  45. Lose five kilos.
  46. Clean out the spare bedroom.
  47. Set up my jewellery stall at the Howard markets.
  48. Finish the big crocheted bed spread.
  49. Read the Macrobiotic book from cover to cover.
  50. Phone my sister monthly.
  51. Host a dinner party.
  52. Have my eyes tested and get some prescription reading glasses.
I will commence to check things off this list beginning 23rd April 2011, which is the day that I turn fifty one!!  The only real challenge here is to REMEMBER to do one thing off the list every week!!  

4 comments:

eljaih said...

So knight in Shinning Armour and I had an idea...
Instead of Catching the bus in to town substitute the bus for walking, but leave at dawn so you can get your photo, then while walking to town you will lose the 5 kilos, which will give you time to write the poem. On your walk back, (at dusk) take your other photo, when you get home tell adoring husband you love him and he will give you a foot rub, as your feet will be killing you from the walk, and as a thank you cook him dinner for 2..
also when you read on the hammock make it a book on frogs..
I can not think of you giving up icecream for 6 months, nor having a technology free day..
(what does technology consist of though, camera, tv, computer, microwave, phone, KETTLE..
does this mean you will not have anything made by technology as well???
intrigued.

eljaih said...

Also i'm unsure if you can remember to POST the letters you have written to Nellie

Age said...

Thank you both for making my list infinitely more manageable! Adoring Husband also questioned the technology-free day lol and remembering to post the letters to Nellie, will, without any doubt, be my biggest challenge!!

You gave me a good giggle :o)

Age said...

PS There is only one 'n' in 'shining'! (I know! Typical!)