Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother Nature's Miracles

I have spent so much time with my old and new photographs in the last couple of days, that I thought I might share some of them with you.

After doing the photography course last weekend, I am looking at them all with different eyes.  Some, that I thought were great photos, now look very ordinary and others just needed playing with to look better.

A little cropping here, a little straightening there and suddenly it's like a brand new photo!  I'm not a fan of photoshopping, so I left that program on my old computer.

Bob (the camera) came with it's own program for bringing a bit of happiness to a photo.  My aim, every time  I press the button, is to take a photo that doesn't require touching.  A photo with such good composition and clarity and colour that it can go straight from camera to computer to viewer and receive a perfectly positive response.

I know that there are photographers who have worked for years and still haven't fulfilled that dream, so I don't expect it to happen soon.  That doesn't mean that I won't stop trying!

Here are some sunsets from my part of the world.









Every sunrise and every sunset is different and they are never boring.  Even on a clear day, when the sun rises over the water or sets behind the trees, it still brings joy to the heart.  

I love to photograph people, animals, flowers and trees, landscapes and all things from nature, but sunrises and sunsets, they are Mother Nature's miracles and considering how angry she has been lately, we should be taking pleasure from her daily miracles.

No comments: