Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Living the Dream!

I have had a most enjoyable, self indulgent day.  When I think about it, most of my days are enjoyable and self indulgent!  That's exactly why life is good!

My 'chores' consisted of making the bed, hanging out a load of washing, cleaning out the refrigerator, feeding the chooks all the food that was ejected from the refrigerator and doing some grocery shopping.

My self indulgence consisted of morning coffee from the bakery, then sitting with my boys at the Seat of Knowledge for a bit over an hour discussing my week away and catching up on the local gossip.

I spent about ninety minutes wandering around the park by the river and practising the things that I learned in Maleny with Bob (the camera) and got a couple of nice shots in the process.

I found this most beautiful flower and even though I have investigated online to discover it's name, I've come up empty, so if there is anybody out there who knows it's name, I would appreciate the education!


What am I?
Reluctantly, I came home and did my chores before sitting down with my laptop and Bob.  I checked out my photos, then uploaded some to my Flickr Photostream, spent a couple of hours going through my discs of old photos and put a couple of them onto Flickr as well.

I caught up with my emails, had a look at facebook, sent my pic of the day to Vegan chickie and my daily photo to my photo group.  I then enjoyed five episodes of 'Friends' before preparing tonight's dinner!  Here I am, finishing my day with a blog post!

There is really only one thing missing in my life and if I had this thing, my life would be spot on, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!  This thing is ... the ability to eat all the food that I love in large quantities without it affecting my weight or my health.

Yes, I know.  If that's all I've got to wish for, then I'm doing exactly what all those bumper stickers say and I really am LIVING THE DREAM!!


No comments: