Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Full Stop, no Returns!

I'm in trouble.  That should be trouble with a capital 'T'.  I'm in trouble with my youngest daughter, Bubbles.  It was Knight in Shining Armour's (her boyfriend's) birthday today.  The date sneaked up on me and I didn't send his birthday gift.

I am also in trouble for not mentioning them in any of my blog posts so far.  I tried to explain that I only mention people if I have actually spent time with them and shared some kind of recent experience with them and now I have been ordered to visit them in Sydney, so that I will have something to write about!

So, we talked on the phone and I took my punishment like a good mother and mother-in-law should - by making jokes, blaming my age and pleading stupidity.  I think that I'm forgiven and we are all still friends but they rubbed it in by telling me that they are sending MY birthday gift in the mail tomorrow!

I am a bad mother/mother-in-law ***sad face***

It was very nice talking to them though.  ***happy face***  We always have a good giggle.  But we don't talk often enough.

Bubbles lived with me until she was twenty four years of age.  She moved out on her own just before we moved to Queensland. She didn't want a long distance relationship with Knight in Shining Armour.  The things we do for love!

I hope she is happy.  She is a bit like me.  Quite stoic.  She doesn't let her feelings show (except when she is angry!) and it's difficult for us to keep up with each other's lives, because we live 2000 kms apart.  Facebook is our friend :o)  She works long hours.  Like I said, we don't talk often enough.

Bubbles and her lovely Mum (that would be me!)

I love you Bubbles :o)  blah blah blah full stop and no returns!

PS  I DIDN'T forget ... it just sneaked up on me 'all of a sudden-like'!!!
PPS  Am I forgiven?  I have finally introduced you to the world!!
PPPS  Adoring Husband owes you a big favour, because I had a special blog aimed at him tonight - you saved him (for now!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubbles is SO beautiful!!! Thanks for the photo! Hullo Bubbles love you g'ma xx

eljaih said...

Well its about time!
*giggles to self*
I guess i will have to forgive you other wise ALL your blog followers will dislike me.
and after ALL this time of convincing you to talk about me, i would hate to make a bad first impression!
love you loads full stop no returns!
xx

eljaih said...

G'ma It seems like she doesn't reply to her comments, either that or she doesn't even read them!
*insert shocked face here*

Age said...

:o)