Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Again!?!?

Yes, BGWLBH and I drove into The Bay again today.

We drove all the way to the Bakers Room in Urangan to purchase the good sourdough bread. I’m not a fan because I find the crust very tough to chew. So tough that a very sharp serrated bread knife is required to literally saw through each slice. BGWLBH loves it.

From there, we drove to Salt Cafe for breakfast where BGWLBH ordered bacon and eggs on sourdough and a pot of tea. I ordered a citrus bliss cold pressed juice which, to be honest, didn’t taste cold pressed.

While browsing through the neighbouring gift shop, I found a turquoise ring and a single pearl necklace that took my fancy…



…so I bought them!

We did a craft shop at Choice, groceries at Coles (which took FOREVER thanks to a troublesome elderly customer in front of me at the checkout. Ugh!) and juices from the Jam Jar.

All the way back to Eli Waters for a Farm Gate shop and updating lotto tickets.

I won $1.85 more than I needed to pay for OzLotto, Gold Lotto and Powerball. That’s the first time it’s ever happened for me! That should tell me something shouldn’t it!?

We were home before 2pm.

I cooked up a big pot of chicken and vegetable noodle soup for dinner.

Adoring Husband spent the day driving to Brisbane for an appointment with the Parkinson’s Professor and was gone for 11 hours, so he was grateful for the nutritious soup when he arrived home.

BGWLBH enjoyed dunking her fresh sour dough bread into the soup.

AH arrived home safe and sound at 8.30pm.

We watched the football together before heading to bed.

Now I’m waiting for the golf to start, but I doubt I’ll be awake for long. Ready for some sleep.






Nite all.


No comments: